Fault Current Limiter - UFCL-Limiter
The fastest limiting and switching device in the world
UFCL-limiter sometimes is referred as a Triggered Fault Current Limiter or an Is-limiter. It is capable of limiting a fault current passing through it within the first half cycle, thus reducing the total value of short-circuit current below the ratings of circuit breaker.
The use of UFCL-limiter allows equipment to remain in service even if the prospective fault current exceeds its rated peak and short-time withstand current and in case of circuit breakers also its rated short-circuit making and breaking current. Replacement of equipment can be avoided or at least shifted to a later date. In case of newly planned networks UFCL-limiters allow the use of equipment with lower ratings which renders possible considerable cost savings.
In comparison with complex conventional solutions, the UFCL-limiter has both technical and economic advantages when used in transformer or generator feeders, in switchgear sectionalizing, and when connected in parallel with reactors.
- Protect under-rated equipment
- Bypass current limiting reactors
- Clear the generator
- Limit cogenerator fault
- In incoming feeder of big-capacity transformer
- + Protect your systems
- + Reduces substation cost
- + Significantly improve network redundancy and resiliency
- + Solves short-circuit problems in new substations and substation expansion
- + Optimum solution for interconnection of switchboards and substations
- + In most cases the only technical solution
- Suitable for indoor use or for outdoor use with or without an enclosure
- Can be installed in any orientation
- Easy to install and maintain
- Rated voltage up to 40.5kV, proofed in lots installations
- Continuous current rating up to 6300kA